Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:17:51 -0400

Kevin-
Let me at least respond to your question about the Summaron. Personally, I
think it is highly maligned, and ignored which makes it cheap and easily
attainable! I bought one, an LTM model, from an estate- sold on ebay for
about 125 USD.
I sent it in to Sherry for a good CLA, and it looks great- I just got it
back so I'll have to wait for the results of the post-cleaning shots, but
the ones I took before the cleaning were quite decent, and looked as good as
what I had printed coming from Nikons or Canons. It is a nice compace lens,
as well. If the M6 brings up the 35mm framelines, I am sure it will work
without the eyes- which were for the M cameras not having the framelines. On
the IIIa or the M3, I use the imarect anyway.
Get it cleaned- cost you about 60 bucks, and enjoy it! It is not a
Summicron, or a Summilux, but for a vast majority of your picture
opportunities, it'll work great!
Dan ( Never met an old Leitz lens I didn't like! :o}~)