Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:32:32 -0500

Kevin,

I also took the new body, used lenses approach when I started out.  If a lens looks OK, it probably is but you can never tell how much a used body will cost
you.

The Summaron you are talking about is probably one designed to work with the M3 which has no frame lines for the 35mm lenses.  If you use this lens on a M6 it
will bring up the 50mm frame rather than the 35.   I wouldn't buy it because it will be inconvient to use on any body but an M3.

I personally don't like dealing with e-Bay.  It's a gamble which may or may not save you money.  There are many fine dealers who will ensure that you will not
be screwed.  Two of them are long time Leica mail order dealers who's prices are quite reasonable and have sterling reputations (Jim Kuehl and Don Chatterton).
There are many others who also are LUGgers and they are equally reliable.

Best regards,

Bud Cook