Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:52:56 -0600

>I am about to take the plunge and buy an M6. I didn't intend to buy one,
>but after handling one in the store, I fell in love.
>
>I've been lurking here for a while trying to learn
>as much as I can and now have a few questions related to my purchase...
>
>1. I thought I might just buy the body new and get used lenses on ebay. Does
>that seem like a prudent course of action?
If you have the money buy your main lens new or at least a recently made
lens. I find that really old stuff, no matter how high quality, often
needs a good cleaning or overhaul after you buy it. Be sure you add this
to the price you pay for older stuff.

Also - its the glass thats the best reason for buying Leica. So make sure
that the lens you choose is going to give you the look you want. A 30
year old summicron will look different from some newer lenses.
Look at - http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

I do not like eBay, others do. I'd rather buy things that cost a
significant amount of money at my own pace and make the decision with
careful consideration. If you buy used from a reputable dealer you'll
have time to decide and some protection - being able to return them, etcŠ
bCareful on eBay