Subject: [Leica] Newbie Leica questions...
From: Kevin Selner <kevinselner@pmail.net>
Date: Mon Aug 23 14:02:03 GMT 1999

I am about to take the plunge and buy an M6. I didn't intend to buy one, but after handling one in the store, I fell in love.

I've been lurking here for a while trying to learn
as much as I can and now have a few questions related to my purchase...

1. I thought I might just buy the body new and get used lenses on ebay. Does
that seem like a prudent course of action?

2. I saw a 35mm Summaron on ebay. It has the attached magnifiers which fit over the body of the camera. Is this extra piece removable so that I can use just
the lens? What effect do these magnifiers have on the M6?

3. I noticed a retailer advertising on the LUG list (photonewsnetwork) that offered a 6 month payment plan.
Anyone care to offer any comments about
this retailer either publicly (here) or
privately via email?

Thanks.