Subject: [Leica] Re: WAS: Monaghan's on AF lenses..BSHIT!:)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 17:23:52 -0700

On 22 Aug 99, Ted Grant wrote, at least in part:

> LEICA USERS!!!
>
> Ladies and gentleman, users of Leica equipment, may I suggest all this
> autofocus posting stuff and this person Monaghan be completly disregarded
> as a reasonable Leica topic, unless some of you own .......LEICA AUTOFOCUS
> CAMERA MODELS!

<snip>

Precisely the problem of such cavalier acceptance of OT stuff,
Ted. If we accept one man's idea of OT material, then all must be
accepted. To do otherwise is, after all, completely unfair! There,
do I sound like a goody goody two shoes now?

As the S/N ratio gets farther out of whack, with time, there could
come a day when we'll wake up some morning and no longer
recognize the Leica-Users List! (Sorry, Thomas Jefferson, about
this hacked paraphrase of one of your classics with regard to the
money system)

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased
     at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
     I know not what course others may take; but as for me,
     give me liberty or give me death!
               -- Patrick Henry