Subject: [Leica] OT- Wine, vin, wein, vino was Re: Leica v Nikon- I love to hear the story!
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:46:26 -0700

</color>> I suppose, to draw an analogy to wine, it is like the 'Golden

> Rot' that infects the grapes that make the best of the World's

> Sauternes.

Always one to pick a nit, I've never heard it called the 'golden
rot'. Rather, the 'noble rot' or pourriture noble by the French and
edelfäule by the Germans in their Auslese and up in their
hierarchy. In all cases, I believe, it is caused by the same
bacteria, <italic>Botrytis cinera. </italic>Tokay, in Hungary, is produced by the
same bacteria.

Regardless of its proper name, they are wonderful wines!

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

          Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only
          truth, but supreme beauty--a beauty cold and austere,
          like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of
          our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of
          painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of
          a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.

               -- Bertrand Russell