Subject: Re: [Leica]24mm Lens
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:42:54 -0500

Alan Huntley wrote about is new 24mm M lens:
>...do most of
>you focus for each shot?  Zone focus?  Set the hyperfocal distance for
>your chosen aperture and just keep shooting?  I've never owned any focal
>length less than 35mm so this is all new to me!  It seems that "old rules"
>such as:  set focus on something about 1/3 the distance into the scene,
>just do not seem to apply here.  Thoughts?

I focus on the subject that I wish to be sharply in focus. I tend to work
a bit looser and faster with the 24.  DOF will not save you always. If
you are stopped way down (16 or 22) it might be OK to zone focus - but
why if you have time to focus?
I am wild about my 24 - hope you like yours as much.

Henry Ambrose