Subject: [Leica] Minimum focusing distance with M3
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:38:04 -0400 (EDT)

Bonsoir a tous,

  Regarding the above topic, I recently used a late production M3 with .8
meter minimum focusing distance.  I carefully checked the distance many
times with two different lenses.  Now not long ago a fellow lugger confirmed
that his M3 had a MFD of .7 meter.  Anybody knows if Leitz changed gradually
the MFD of the M3 from 1 meter to .9 then .8 and .7 meter?  Any idea of the
serial numbers?

  Thanks.

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)