Subject: Re: [Leica]24mm Lens
From: "Greg Achenbach" <gachenba@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:33:18 -0600

I too own the 24mm asph and your new found enthusiasm is justified. The lens
is spectacular both in its image definition and its possibilities. The
learning curve is steep, however as the perspective is much different than
you're used to if you use a 35mm as your wide lens. This is soon overcome
however , after about 3 rolls. I tend to set the scale on the hyperfocal
distance and I've had great success with this method. The DOF is enormous so
there is little danger in out of focus shots. Just experiment and you'll
soon learn how to use it.
Regards,
Greg Achenbach