Subject: Re: Would you invest in [Leica]
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:19:26 -0600

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> The new chairman has been chosen because in the past he has rescued Vitra, a
> furniture company.When his strategic planning was announced in 2/99, the
> price of the share grew from 6 to 14.40 DEM in april.

I am not familiar with Vitra: Can someone comment on what became of this
company after Mr. Cohn took over; specifically, did you feel more
inclined to buy Vitra's products as a result of his direction? For me,
most of the Leica incentives were already in place when he took office.
These included lowered prices, rebates, interesting new lenses and yes,
even the new 3rd party lenses have made Leica M ownership more
interesting for me. Good availability of the general catalog was also
helpful. Their entry-level products sure are stodgy though; VW's got the
new Beetle, Canon's got the Elph, Apple's got the iMac and Leica's got
the...Z2X?? A lousy name for a forgettable product: Maybe it's no wonder
that I know of no one younger than myself (37) who knows of the name, or
uses the entry-level products.

If you buy Leica stock, let us know how it works out for you. I've
decided to invest my money elsewhere, but I can always change my mind
later on...

Jeff