Subject: Re: [Leica] why leica?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:30:15 -0700

I said last night why pros don't use Leica which I thought was the question
foolishly ignoring the subject as did Walt. But as everyone is weighing in as to
why they use Leica it's not like me to turn down a major thread.

I like the way a Rangefinder works better than an SLR in the 35mm format.

I like the obvious quality of build which is a step up for me from Nikon. Not
that Nikon is not OK.

I like the ultimate quality compact dense glass.  I like producing superior
images than my "competition".

If my mother was dying in her death bed and some crazy relative hired a
photographer for one last goody picture what kind of camera would I want him/her
to be using? A Leica M6 would be the answer. No doubt about it. So why not use
that camera to produce my main body of work?

I drink my coffee out of a $25 dollar Villeroy & Bosh coffee cup. But the rest
of the dishes in the house are average stuff. I USE the coffee cup.

Mark Rabiner

off topic
Mac users should try the free download "pro font" a much better equally spaced
font than Courier. I can see and type this stuff much clearer now. It has bit
maps down to 6 point. Programmers use it. It's free. But you'll have to a search
for it yourself I lost the URL it's easy to find I've refound it numerous times.