Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #37
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:08:18 -0700

Walter S Delesandri wrote:
><snip>
> Also, I think as the digital age continues, there has been a
> resurgence in fine documentation (kinda as "art"?) in some smaller
> publication, at least in our area.  Twice in the last year an
> "equipment burdened" young pro (25-30 yrs old) has come up to me
> and said something to the effect "I've been using my 35/50
> more and more!"...one of them even wanted to buy a 50!....he's
> not owned one!!....I think as digital replaces film for the
> Sports, Wire, and major magazine photographers, we'll see more
> and more fine "essays" in "alternative" publications...seems to
> be the trend where I live....or am I being selfishly optimistic?
>
> Walt
><snip>
I think you've hit the nail right on the head, Walt! It's those kids with the
vacume tubes again! And it's a fact of the present and a fact of the future. But
I think with the Death of David Garcia they should give up on that faux Hippy
chic though. Somebody should have given them hippy lessons. Not their Yuppie X
hippy parents who are out making a million *&^%$ing Dollars!
When I was starting out in the late '70's the radical thing was starting out
with a 35 instead of a 50, an OM1 instead of a Nikon.  Being a teacher now
dealing with the plastic zooms would drive me to distraction.
Mark Rabiner