Subject: Re: [Leica] warm polarizer
From: "Hermann" <crystal@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 06:27:18 +0700

HI,
i find that i prefer not to use a filter on my lenses but use the color of
the natural light during the morning hours and evening hours. take a look at
NG and you'll find that almost 80% of the photos have been shot during those
'warm-glow' hours. There is no cheating which can be easily detected by the
position of the shadows.

Anyone living in Europe or the US is lucky since you have a long warm-glow
time everyday compared to us poor devils near the equator where we not only
sweat a lot getting to locations, but our warm-glow hours are very few since
the sun drops like a basketball through the net or pops up like ... bang
there it is and it has nothing better to do than to rush upwards and turn
the light all miserable and blue.

Besides the color of the light, shadows are equally important and make the
difference between a 'normal' image and one that touches the realm of
spectacular. Look at old master Adams and you'll find that he preferred the
'glow-light' hours even though he worked in b/w, simply for the shadows
which make an image three dimensional and interesting to spectacular.

Hermann Moll
Photographic on-line Portfolio at:
http://www.photo-expressions.com - e-mail: info@photo-expressions.com
Documentary - editorial -  travel - stock, commercial & assignment
Photography
Don't miss a visit to see the latest addition to my on-line portfolio