Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux vs. Summicron
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:00:23 -0400

SNIP<<Your frivolous pricey toys are other people's dream tools.
You want to trade it in for something suposedly better tell us how
exactly it let you down and how you think this new thing isn't goint to.
Mark Rabiner
It's a strange thing - when I bought the current 50/2 it was like buying a
pack of smokes.  "Summicron, please..."  "Sir, which one?"  "Ahh I'll take a
50"  well it wasn't like that but I'm thinking I am getting the best 50 lens
(close enough) ever and I'm paying under $1000.   It seems so cheap.  It is
relatively lower in price.  But at that price it seems like it's nothing at
all.  Even the new 35/2 asph seemed like a deal!  Just because the price of
the 35/1.4 asph...
when will I get the lens that I really want!  ohh...I forgot about the
90asphaposter!