Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux vs. Summicron
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:11:08 -0700

TSL wrote:

> SNIP<<No matter what anyone tells you glowing or
> otherwise you will be losing a known entity and
> gaining an unknown entity. Bored as you may be my
><snip>that new lens
> without selling that old one first.
> A process that leads to less frivolous and/or
> disastrous buying and selling.>>
> Mark Rabiner
>
> That's some good advice for the Leicaddiction.  Basically, keep your Leica
> stuff!  I should listen...
><snip> Of course this would apply specifically to those who can't
have all
> the 50's Maybe there is a catch-phrase that could imbed some logic into our
> obsessions. Nu?

I see People here and other guys I know who run a few rolls of film
through their lens and get a few rolls back from the drugstore or
minilab and say:
"This lens hasn't impressed me! I think I'm going to trade it in for
that newer/faster thing!"

I know I sound like I'm over the deep end but I think it's an insult
to the equipment and the people who make it and the people who would
kill for it and the people who use it to make a living or otherwise
create great photographs with it.

Your frivolous pricey toys are other people's dream tools.
You want to trade it in for something suposedly better tell us how
exactly it let you down and how you think this new thing isn't goint to.
Mark Rabiner