Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux vs. Summicron
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:30:58 -0700

TSL wrote:
><snip>
> It's a strange thing - when I bought the current 50/2 it was like buying a
> pack of smokes.  "Summicron, please..."  "Sir, which one?"  "Ahh I'll take a
> 50"  well it wasn't like that but I'm thinking I am getting the best 50 lens
> (close enough) ever and I'm paying under $1000.   It seems so cheap.  It is
> relatively lower in price.  But at that price it seems like it's nothing at
> all.  Even the new 35/2 asph seemed like a deal!  Just because the price of
> the 35/1.4 asph...
> when will I get the lens that I really want!  ohh...I forgot about the
> 90asphaposter!

I think it's amazing that the secret clause in the deal is once you somehow
cough up the money and get your dream optic you get to play with it for the rest
of your life! Money long ago spent always feels cheap. And you've GOT the lens!
They can't take it away from you!
And that 90 Asph Apo has got me breaking one of the ten commandments about covet.......
Thou shalt not covet.....!!!!
"That's an easy one I can't recall doing any serious coveting lately!", I
thought way back when in Sunday School.
Well now that I know what the word means I can give it up with Polo for Lent.
Mark Rabiner