Subject: Re: [Leica] keep M3 or get back M6?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:27:30 -0600

>One thing I may never understand about the M6TTL, is why Leica didn't
>just reverse the direction of the viewfinder arrows, instead of making
>the shutter speed dial rotate in the opposite direction, and does this
>mean that my second M6 will have to also be a "classic", or that both
>will have to be newer TTL models in order to avoid confusion?!
>
>Jeff

This was pretty stupid on Leicas part. I just bought a second M6 non-TTL
because of this. I cannot imagine mixing the the shutter speed dial
directions. What a chance for a screw up.

I also wonder why the arrows could not have been a + and -. This would
supply more information without requiring any interpretation by the user.

Henry