Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod attachment
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:20:41 -0600

>Thanks Mark C., Ken W., Patrick M., and Mark R.:
>
>Sounds like i have several options to play with, two of which i may
>actually have to purchase. In the case of the M grip and the
>rapidwinder, how much additional weight will this add to my gear. I'm
>assuming that the grip/rapidwinder will be a permanent attachment as too
>much hassle to take off/on. Where can i view the M grip on the web?
>
>And Mark R., how does the off centre tripod position help you? Doesnt
>the weight of just the M6 alone cause the tripod to lean to one side --
>kinda unstable assuming that i'm not using the tripod as a monopod.
>What "simple small round tripod head, probably ball head" do you
>recommend?
>
>Thanks again everyone!
>bee lian

I've wondered about making a v-block type of tripod adaptor for my M
cameras. I'd like one that centered the threaded hole under the lens axis
so that when panned the pan is exactly on line with the lens. Also I'd
like the better balance the unit would give when centered. The
longitudinal v-block would negate any tendency to twist when moving the
camera and would not require severe tightening of the screw that attaches
to the camera. I may ask the neighborhood machine shop about making some.
Anyone interested?

Henry