Subject: Re: [Leica] keep M3 or get back M6?
From: Javier <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:09:04 -0400

> One thing I may never understand about the M6TTL, is why Leica didn't
> just reverse the direction of the viewfinder arrows, instead of making
> the shutter speed dial rotate in the opposite direction, and does this
> mean that my second M6 will have to also be a "classic", or that both
> will have to be newer TTL models in order to avoid confusion?

I've never seen one but it may be that they inserted an idler linking the
shutterspeed dial to the cams that were once coaxial with the old dial.
That would account for the reverse rotation. But like I said. I've never
seen
one or heard much about it so I can only speculate. If they did do that
it would be real stupid. Also, I think the arrows are arranged to point in
the direction that you should turn the aperture ring in order to balance
exposure.
It's a psyco-visual linear to rotational transformation thing (PVLRT)
See Ya
Javier