Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading the film
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:43:36 -0700

Jonas Andersson wrote:

> As a new M6-owner Iīm not used to the Leica-filmloading. According to the
> instruction manual you just place the film leader into the take-up chamber
> spool (in the middle of the three post assembly). This is also shown in the
> diagram of the camera housing.
>
> But I donīt think it is that easy. The take-up chamber spool doesnīt pick up
> the film leader like it should. I have to try several times before it works.

Don't do this!
> Maybe I have to place the film leader through the three post assembly, but the
> diagram of the camera housing doesnīt show that.
>
> I need help from you "old" Leica-user with this maybe trivial question.
>
> Jonas Andersson
> Sweden

Don't start advancing the film intil you put the bottom back on and do
it slowly watching the rewind crank for rotation.
The rewind crank could be carefully be made taught so it will start to
turn more precisely.
There will be throngs of others who say kink it and open the door and
line it up. Ignore them! I'm obviously the only voice of sanity here!
Mark Rabiner (wipes foam off mouth)