Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Rolf's Leica Questionnaire
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:51:46 -0700

"Richard J. Wyble" wrote:

> > How can I encourage further response to the questionnaire? Offering my
> > humble Leica gear as reward? Don't even think of it! So please, just
> give it two minutes.
><snip>
> Your questionnaire, undoubtedly promulgated for the reasons stated,
> arrives for better or worse into a climate less than receptive to such
> things.

That included I would also say that it needs to work with the media
involved; our monitors.
People on this list respond to not sound bites, but type bites.
A cluster of words that they can take in in one glance or two, no Scrolling.
Diatribes done by a few trusted contributors such as Erin P. or Tom A.
are an exception. I print them and read them away from my computer.
They are widely responded to and appreciated and we don't have to second
guess about their motives.
You're a new kid on the block and you've got this big thing you want us
to scroll through, figure out and contribute to.
The phone will ring twice during that time with people who call me by my
first name and claim to be adjusting my phone bill while they are just
trying to get me to change companies.
Or it's cracked windshields. Or is this a business or a residence?
Mark Rabiner