Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading the film
From: Andrew Moore <moore@rscs.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:53:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Don't start advancing the film intil you put the bottom back on and do
> it slowly watching the rewind crank for rotation.
> There will be throngs of others who say kink it and open the door and
> line it up. Ignore them! I'm obviously the only voice of sanity here!

Hey, I resemble that remark -- I'm one of those thronged users!
Put the leader through the post, flip down the back and guide it gently as
you're advancing the film slowly onto the sprockets (shouldn't take more
than a single advance), and box it up!

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I'm going to try your (Mark's) method.
I admit I've never tried any other way, since this works quickly and
eaisly.  Maybe I've loaded a IIIf a few too many times!

- --Andrew
no archive