Subject: Re: [Leica] R 6.2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:16:13 -0300

Jim has hit the nail on the head.  When I got my R8, I sold two R7 and
replaced them with an R6 so that I could use my R motor drive.  I really
miss the half stop shutter speeds in manual and the auto exposure.  If you
really want a second R, the R8 may be your better choice.  I myself have
just purchased a second R8 and will be selling my R6 once the R8 motor
becomes available.

As for the R6.2 working without batteries, it is a moot point if you carry
spares.  Just last week, the bateries went in my R6, but I had spares.  I
could have continued shooting without a meter, but why bother when new
batteries are close at hand.  The R6.2 may be useful if you travel into
remote areas and needed a camera that would work if you could not find a
set of batteries.  If you bring spares, this is also a moot point, as a set
of batteries last a long time, probably longer than your trip.  An R6
though, can be had pretty cheap and without a drive or lens, it is pretty
compact to put in your bag as a spare body.

Regards,

Robert