Subject: Re: [Leica] Humid Slides
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:03:45 -0700

"M. Konsal" wrote:

> Dear Luggers!
>
> Last year I made about 4000 slides. I use monoglass frames
> (diaspeed) with anti-newton glass. My problem: It seems that
> the slides are humid and therefore there is an ugly dark
> area in the middle of the slide when projecting it (with a
> Pradovit P300). After about 30 seconds the dark area
> disappears. Next time I project the slides it happens again.
> I store the slides in a wooden cupboard.
>
> I doŽnt want to use frames without glass to prevent the
> movement/enlargement of the slide caused by the heat during
> projection.
>
> Wich kind of frames do you recommend? Do you also have the
> problem of humid slides? How/Where do you store your slides?
> How can I dry the slides without frameing them with
> glassless frames?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> By
> Michelle

Why don't you keep your slide in a much less humid area (not your
basement) and check out those anti humid crystals you can get on a big
time basis. My guess is your brand frames are ok and that others would
have the same problem in that humidity which would not be great for the slides.
Mark Rabiner