Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica - Ti = titanium?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:46:25 +0200

I am not sure what the "Ti" really stands for but I have seen a used but
not old Olympus 4 Ti (champagne color) and it was a sad sight indeed - not
solid titanium, no way - not paint either but an incredibly thin layer of
titanium. Maybe they had used up all titanium making microscopes - if they
had the guts, that is.
All the best!
Raimo
Photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen