Subject: Re: [Leica] Ti = titanium?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:14:15 +0200

I thought that only the OM 2000 had paint finish but OK - if you say so.
But I have seen some Nikon F3T:s, also champagne color and used and they
looked absolutely mint - I´m very sorry now because I did not buy one. By
comparison the one and only Olympus OM-4 Ti I´m acquainted with looked
really bad. And it was owwed by a retired schoolteacher - so no heavy use.
All the best!
Raimo
Photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen
- ----------
> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 05:27:22 -0400
> From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
> Subject: [Leica] Ti = titanium?
>
> Raimo Korhonen wrote:
> I am not sure what the "Ti" really stands for but I have seen a used but
> not old Olympus 4 Ti (champagne color) and it was a sad sight indeed -
not
> solid titanium, no way - not paint either but an incredibly thin layer of
> titanium. Maybe they had used up all titanium making microscopes - if
they
> had the guts, that is.
> All the best!
> Raimo
>
> The OM4 has no titanium in it at at all. The OM4Ti and OM3Ti both have
> solid titanium top and bottom plates which are painted either black or
> champagne. The incredibly thin layer to which you refer IS the paint.
Many