Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 vs F100
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:47:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/99 12:50:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< But the M isn't going to compete for your need of a 300 although I don't
 much about the Viso thing yet. >>

I've used the Viso III (instant-return mirror) + winder-M and it does work
although I wouldn't try to say it compares with an SLR.  I do prefer the Viso
II for its more compact proportions, even though you need to reset the mirror
between shots.  Just a flick of the finger.  Those with M5's or M6-TTL's
would need at least the prism from a Viso III because the II prism won't
clear the taller bodies.  The optics made for the Viso's are really great, at
least the ones I've tried: 200, 280, 400.  The 400 is very fast focusing and
very light weight.  The Viso itself, with a 50 or 90 lens is a quick and
dirty macro rig, too.

DT