Subject: [Leica] Series filters for 19/2.8 R first type?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:51:05 +0100

I know it is suggested that filters not be used with this lens, but I want
to use it for Ektachrome Infrared which needs a filter. The Leica
Collectors' Guide says that this lens takes 82mm filters, and then it goes
on to say that "filters are kept in place by the lens hood" which makes it
sound as if this lens also takes series filters. Does anyone know what size
series filters this would be?

Joe Berenbaum