Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meter advice
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 03:42:54 +0100

At 01:51 PM 6/16/99 +1200, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Well, i've decided to take the plunge and buy a new light meter due to my
>desire to buy a used Summilux, displacing my MR Meter. I have two that i'm
>looking at, and i'd like your advice on which you think is the better of
>the two.
>
>1. The Lunasix 3 which can be had for $90, or
>
>2. The Sekonic 308 meter with slideset for $70
>
>We've often discussed meters here before, and everyone has there
>favourites, but out of the two what would be your pick.
>
>Take care,
>Gary

I've used both of these, and the 308 is very small, and very quick and
convenient to use. I put the cord round my neck with the meter in a pocket
and I forget I've got it with me until I need it. I have even gone to sleep
with it in a pyjama pocket. Try that with a Lunasix! I find the only
advantage in the much bulkier Gossen meters is the extra low light
capability, that I might use a few times a year if that. For this purpose I
do still have a Luna Pro SBC but I don't normally take it out with me- I've
got several 35mm cameras that are smaller than that meter. In your
situation I would certainly go for the Sekonic.

Joe Berenbaum