Subject: Re: [Leica] Series filters for 19/2.8 R first type?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:21:10 +0100

At 06:00 PM 6/18/99 -0300, you wrote:
>Joe:
>
>I had the early 19mm out on demo a while back, and I think that the hood
>bayonetted on and the lens had the filter threads.  It did not take series
>filters.
>
>Regards,

It takes a B+W "Wideangle" 82mm filter but this is a big dinnerplate sized
thing on the front with no lens cap or hood that I know of to fit over it.
I was hoping the phrase "filters held on by lens hood" in the Collectors'
Guide might be accurate but I looked at the lens again and it seems that
isn't possible- the front bulges too much. The B+W wa filter sits over the
front so it will work where a filter that went inside the hood would not.
So it is B+W wideangle filters I suppose, or no filters.

Joe Berenbaum