Subject: Re: [Leica] Useful tripod ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:31:27 -0700

Robinsnes@aol.com wrote:

>         Wow! This is an interesting question to me as I am addicted to
> shooting off a tripod whenever possible. Professionally I use a Benbo and
> think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have a Bogen model 3036
> which I consider too heavy and awkward to take out into the field, however, I
><snip>

I'd recommend my Davis & Sanford  Reditilt, New Rochelle. NY now
distributed by Tiffen I think. It or they are like a Tiltall only
lighter. The head that comes with it is pretty comical looks like a
mechanical drawing project: everything die cast. These tripods are darn
cheap, unusual and I like the design. Lighter than any of my Gitzo's.
Gitzo's and Bogans both come so incrementally that it's just a matter of
picking out the right size. The Bogens are so much cheaper than the
Gitzo's it amazes me as they are just a functional. Going with Gitzo
like I did proved to be a very expensive choice. And an assistant they
other day blurted out that they are universally felt to be
non-ergonomic. Maybe his Photography teacher said so.
Mark Rabiner