Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M advice wanted
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:15:50 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
><snip>
>             Actually, professional K25 has been discontinued.  All they have
> now is the "amateur" version (I never saw any difference once I "aged" it for
> a couple of months and then froze it).  I use the Qualex lab in NJ, never had
> any problem with them, and the same PK-36 mailers used for E6 work for K25 as
> well.  PKR (K64) is not a film I like to use.  The whites are clean, but the
> rest of the colors have a "70's retro" look to them that I don't particularly
> like...plus, K64 has even higher contrast than Velvia.  At least Velvia's
> shadows turn pure black when they block up...all the Kodachromes tend to get
> muddy/greenish shadows.  Film is *such* a personal thing!
><snip>

On your takes here on Kodachrome:
No mention of flesh tones a major plus with Kodachrome possibly you
don't get many people in your shots? (Not intended as criticism) Also
your take on the pinkyness of the 25. Also I hear you can have the 200
pushed somewhere and that at least at one time National Geographic was
big on it.
Mark Rabiner