Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & Contax test
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:25:17 -0500

Yeah, and I can field-strip my M3, adjust the parallax, CLA the shutter,
reassemble, load and cock--wearing a blind-fold--in under a minute--and
*all* of this with no other tools than my Leatherman.  Does this earn me my
salt?

The autofocus on the G2 is plenty fast, and when I shoot the 'luxes at wide
aperture and slow speeds, it often takes a good long while to focus.  So
what's the point of such strange comparisons: all of this is so much chalk
and cheese.

CHandos

>3.  If you use the G2 in auto mode, which, let's face it, is how it's
>designed to be used, it doesn't start to work until you (at least partially)
>press the shutter.  If you're going to prefocus it, you have to be aiming
>it.  Bye, bye, subject!  Any M user worth his salt ought to be able to
>prefocus his M -- and set aperture and shutter -- while it's in his pocket,
>out of sight, with one hand, and without thinking.

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http:www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown