Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & Contax test
From: "Bruce Feldman" <brucef@waw.pdi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:43:21 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 1999 7:25 PM

>Yeah, and I can field-strip my M3, adjust the parallax, CLA the shutter,
>reassemble, load and cock--wearing a blind-fold--in under a minute--and
>*all* of this with no other tools than my Leatherman.  Does this earn me my
>salt?

Yes.  If you can do all that -- while standing on one foot, whistling
Dixie -- then I'd say you've earned your salt.

>The autofocus on the G2 is plenty fast,

Not fast enough, IMHO.

and when I shoot the 'luxes at wide
>aperture and slow speeds, it often takes a good long while to focus.

I'll accept this point.  Maybe.  I've not tried the G2 in low light, but
have heard it's much improved over the G1.

So
>what's the point of such strange comparisons: all of this is so much chalk
>and cheese.

 I'd say it's a supremely relevant comparison.  So what's the point of your
strange question?

Bruce Feldman
Warsaw