Subject: RE: [Leica] M sound levels
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:10:42 -0000

Just a word of advice, don't try this with a tape recorder that uses an
automatic recording level system, it will do its best to record both (all)
sounds at the same level.
You'll need a manual tape recorder, like our manual (M) cameras!

I'm sure that the noise levels vary more from specific camera to camera
(after many years) than they do from model to model.
It always surprised me that the Leica was cited as having such a quiet
shutter when Rolleiflexes and other compur shutter based cameras were around
for comparison. Perhaps that observation was only made after the advent of
SLRs.

Jem