Subject: RE: [Leica] curvature of field
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:18:18 -0000

I've recently completed a series of exhibition pictures taken on a Pen W
camera, the curvature of field was such that although the main subject was
in focus at 18" in the middle of the frame, the bricks on the wall in the
background, 200m away, could be counted!

This wasn't depth of field, even though the focal length is 25mm, the
objects behind the foreground subject are distinctly out of focus all the
way, it's only the rear corners where this effect is pronounced. Fascinating
to me, it adds an extra dimension of mystery to the pictures!

Jem