Subject: Re: [Leica] Eric-Loading an M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:27:20 -0600

At 04:01 AM 2/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'll take you up on it.  I use the M6 for certain types of shots and I haven't
>used it much lately.  The last time that I did I felt like an idiot because it
>took so long to get the film lined up.   I can load a Hasselblad in seconds.
>Just doesn't make sense does it?

Okay, first of all, say to yourself, "This is easy" about 50 times. (This
is not part of the 15 seconds <G>).

Turn the camera over. Pop the bottom off, flip out the back. Make sure any
film inside is rewound and remove it first. :-)

Put the camera's lower cover in your mouth (hold with lips, not inside!)

Stretch out the leader of film to about the length you need.

Drop the cartridge in with the film going where it should go and make sure
the cartridge is seated all the way down.

Let the leader fall between the "tulip" of the film takeup, just exactly
like the picture inside the M6 (with the bottom off) shows. Do not bend the
end, futz with it, or any other "tweaking." Just lay it in there.

Put the bottom of the camera back on. (Not while still in your mouth!)

Wind film.

Works every time. The main reason people have problems with the M6 in

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

As far as I'm concerned, treachery will sometimes bring loyalty into question.