Subject: Re: [Leica] Eric-Loading an M6
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:11:16 EST

THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY
THIS IS EASY THIS IS EASY.

Now here is a man with too much time on his hands!   Too damn cold to take
pictures and my enlarger is goofy!  I think I will practice loading my M6 with
your instructions.  Thanks Eric.

Bob Bedwell

 Okay, first of all, say to yourself, "This is easy" about 50 times. (This
 is not part of the 15 seconds <G>).

 Turn the camera over. Pop the bottom off, flip out the back. Make sure any
 film inside is rewound and remove it first. :-)

 Put the camera's lower cover in your mouth (hold with lips, not inside!)

 Stretch out the leader of film to about the length you need.

 Drop the cartridge in with the film going where it should go and make sure
 the cartridge is seated all the way down.

 Let the leader fall between the "tulip" of the film takeup, just exactly
 like the picture inside the M6 (with the bottom off) shows. Do not bend the
 end, futz with it, or any other "tweaking." Just lay it in there.

 Put the bottom of the camera back on. (Not while still in your mouth!)

 Wind film.

 Works every time. The main reason people have problems with the M6 in

 Eric Welch
 St. Joseph, MO
 http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 As far as I'm concerned, treachery will sometimes bring loyalty into
question.