Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina/Reimbursement/Value Placed on Work?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:59:59 EST

Robert:

Thanks for the note.

Damn good idea to exchange photos for lawn work.....ummmmmmmm! perhaps I
should be nicer to my neighbors.

Gordon Francis Stevens, born December 31, 1998 at 11 pounds and 5 ounces.
Another hour or so and it would have been 1999.     Larger babies are just
better looking than smaller ones.  My daughter was only 5 pounds when she was
born.  I thought she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.   I was
offended when a family member said she looked like a frog!  In looking at the
pictures of her at the hospital I think that they were right.  That frog
turned into my Princess as I'm sure Gordon Francis will be a Prince.

Robert I was the 505th visitor to your website.  I really enjoy LUG members
personal websites.    In your Peggy's Cove series I flipped over Summer Sunset
1998.  This is one of the best sunsets I have ever seen...bar none!   I also
loved the reflections in Summer 1998.   The Local Fisherman was very
interesting with the soft light and subdued colors.

Seeing your Nocitlux shot of Jennifer and Cuban Cigar made me want another
Noctilux.  I could smell the fragrance of the Cuban cigar.  You lucky
Canadians can legally buy them.  Our government still thinks that Cuba is a
threat.....what a joke.  Hopefully, Clinton will fix this before his next love
affair!

I have never done wildlife and I am somewhat motivated to give it a try.  Your
Bald Eagle series was excellent.

Your New York Street Musician shots with the Noctilux were great.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and personal pictures with me.  When
you get a chance I would love to know the films that you used in your
photographs.  I assume that all of them were taken with an M camera.

Thanks,

Bob Bedwell

<< Bob:

 I took a couple of pictures of a neigbor's kids last summer using my
 Noctilux and APX25.  I told him I had a couple great pictures of his kids
 and I will make him a few prints, but in return he would have to mow my
 lawn.  I hate mowing my lawn and it was well overdue.  I don't think he
 took me seriously, but a few days later I came over to his house with two
 11X14 prints, matted, and framed.  His business partner was on the front
 porch at the time and happened to be a landscaper.  They were so impressed
 with the prints, the next day I not only got my lawn mowed, but the cleanup
 and trimming of hedges and etc.

 These pictures are now proudly displayed in their house and they get lots
 of comments on them.  I make a habit now of never giving out or selling my
 work unless it is framed, matted and signed.  Just recently I gave away
 four prints of B&W pictues I took at the birth of my son to the local
 Maternity Hospital as thanks to the staff.  I got a thanyou note from the
 head of the department saying they are two now displayed in the recovery
 room and the othe two are in the pre-op area.  Once again these were
 framed, matted, and signed by me.  In their not from me they asked if I
 would do some pictures of the stages of delivery for them when I get the
 time.  These will not be free of course.

 One of the pictures I gave to the neighbor is on my web page and is the
 baby in the lawn chair.

 http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm

 Some of the pictures I donated to the Hospital are on the web page below.
 The actual prints are much better because of the harsh light, I did a lot
 of burning in.  The ones on the web page are straight scans from the
 negatives.

 http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/gordon_francis_stevens.htm