Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina/Reimbursement/Value Placed on Work?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:10:35 -0400

Bob:

I took a couple of pictures of a neigbor's kids last summer using my
Noctilux and APX25.  I told him I had a couple great pictures of his kids
and I will make him a few prints, but in return he would have to mow my
lawn.  I hate mowing my lawn and it was well overdue.  I don't think he
took me seriously, but a few days later I came over to his house with two
11X14 prints, matted, and framed.  His business partner was on the front
porch at the time and happened to be a landscaper.  They were so impressed
with the prints, the next day I not only got my lawn mowed, but the cleanup
and trimming of hedges and etc.

These pictures are now proudly displayed in their house and they get lots
of comments on them.  I make a habit now of never giving out or selling my
work unless it is framed, matted and signed.  Just recently I gave away
four prints of B&W pictues I took at the birth of my son to the local
Maternity Hospital as thanks to the staff.  I got a thanyou note from the
head of the department saying they are two now displayed in the recovery
room and the othe two are in the pre-op area.  Once again these were
framed, matted, and signed by me.  In their not from me they asked if I
would do some pictures of the stages of delivery for them when I get the
time.  These will not be free of course.

One of the pictures I gave to the neighbor is on my web page and is the
baby in the lawn chair.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm

Some of the pictures I donated to the Hospital are on the web page below.
The actual prints are much better because of the harsh light, I did a lot
of burning in.  The ones on the web page are straight scans from the
negatives.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/gordon_francis_stevens.htm

Regards,

Robert