Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Photoflo and plastic reels
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:00:25 -0800

The Jobo recommendation was because the final step of the E6 process is a
"Stabilizer" which is much more than Photoflo. It contains "Formalins" to
harden the emulsion. This chemical is deadly as a contaminant for the E6
process. The Jobo (and Kodak) recommendation is to not run stabilizer
through your processor drum. Take your reels out and stabilize in a
separate tank. I have always taken my reels out of the drum and placed
them, with film still in place, in the stabilizer bath, in a deep tank, in
my sink. Then after a minute, take them out, one by one, and hang the film.
The time of this step is not critical.

Jobo recommends to, on a periodic basis  (once a month if you process
frequently), to soak your reels in Jobo Processor Clean II, a tank and tray
cleaner (Edwal or Kodak), or a dilute solution of household bleach (1 cup
bleach to 1 gallon of water). Soak overnight then wash thoroughly.

This is directly out of the Jobo newsletter Issue #2, page 3.

Jim