Subject: [Leica] Re: Responding to an M5 Question/Comment
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:42:44 EST

jh:

Speaking for myself, speaking subjectively, I have enjoyed the M5 for many
years now and very much like its fit and feel in my hands....I feel no need to
acquire an M6 or in any way chase the evolution of M technology, including
contemporary aspherics.  My working lenses are the 35mm, and 50mm F1.2.  I
hope to add the 75mm F1.4 soon.  There has been some mention of the M5 on the
LUG in the past year; but, I would agree that this has been modest.  I no
longer use the Hg Battery and have had my M5 recalibrated by Ernst Hartman
etc.

In the realm of Macro or Tele photography I shoot with an R5 which I''ve
personally become very "used to" .  Here too,  I have no interest in chasing
any further evolution of R technology with the possible exceptions of:  1.
autofocusing which I desire; and 2. further technical advances in "Noctolux
imaging"!  I enjoy low light imaging!

Such equipment keeps me happy.  My current vital absorbing interests now
involve  B&W photography, the B&W Darkroom and the Digital Revolution.  The
latter is an especially sharp learning curve for me at the present moment.  I
learn a lot from LUG threads in this area.

So much for my imaging "thought world"  these days...

Leon
LP6@aol.com