Subject: Re: [Leica] Insurance
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:15:21 -0600

Kevin,

When insuring photo gear, it is imperative to insure it for full replacement
value.  Years ago, someone I know had a Leica R and some lenses stolen that
were sitting by his feet in a nondescript bag.  Since he did not have full
replacement value, his insurance company offered only one-third of the
replacement cost for new equipment.  He was out $6,000.  He now has full
replacement value and is incredibly careful with his camera bag in public.

Bill Christensen