Subject: [Leica] Insurance
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:25:51 -0800

[Bill Grimwood wrote]

> If you have a large amount of equipment and or a
> collection I recommend adding a floater to you HO policy that would list
> each item and therefore set the value of it.  This is not expensive.

My policy is $150 per year to cover 12K worth of equipment. The coverage is
"all risk" which means if I drop a lens or a camera, the repair is paid for.
The floater paid for a shutter curtain after I left an M body on a table in
the sun for a few minutes and the lens focused the light perfectly! . . .
and burned the shutter. (I'm like Duh!). This sort of $ for a floater is
only available for amateur photographers. Pro insurance is something else
again.

- --Gib