Subject: Re: [Leica] Ground glass screens
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:16:54 -0600

Howdy, Greg.  In the R6.2, I have long used the plain ground glass screen
with grid.  The beauty of the screen is that 99% of the time, the grid lines
seem to disappear as one concentrates on the image.  Only when one
deliberately looks for the grid lines do they become apparent.  Since
acquiring the screen, horizons are straight.  Water no longer flows downhill
out the right side of the frame.  Further, with a ground glass screen with
grid, focusing is easy even in low light situations.  One of the best
advantages is that the so-called focusing aids - split image and bead - are
eliminated.  For me, they only distract from image composition and go dark
in low light shooting.

May Santa bring everyone a package with a red dot.  Merry Christmas to all
luggers!

Bill Christensen