Subject: Re: [Leica] Back to the drawing----
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:09:39 -0600 (CST)

Mr. FBrunelle,
Count me in.  We hashed over this subject recently, and it is
EXTREMELY offensive....When you market yourself as an elitist
company, advertise yourself to the "best" clientele (i.e., those
with both money AND breeding :), and charge the damndest prices
I've ever seen on 35mm gear, then you BETTER not have a ton of
failures (still looking for that percentage!).  And when they
fail, you better kiss some quick ass getting things righted.
At least adjust the damn rangefinders, if nothing else.

And don't bother (THIS time) sending me e-mails looking for sympathy
for the poor, small, company trying to make ends meet.....that dog
don't hunt here in Texas.  The LEAST they could do is hire
a couple of retirees here in the US to check the goddamn cameras
before they get to the dealers.  I'll find you a couple......

I'm sorry, Alastair, about your trouble......I'd blame it on
being an -R-, but as we know, they're having trouble getting
the Ms to focus, too.  Jesus, you'd think that after this long
building the same damn chassis they'd be able to do it....Shit, I'm
an idiot and I can get it right......
Please quote freely for your correspondence :)

Walt

On
Sun,
10