Subject: [Leica] R4s Winder
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:43:28 -0800

Occasionally I use my R4s bodies with a winder but lately the winder has
stopped functioning at annoyingly inconvenient moments, usually toward the
ends of rolls. I can still use my thumb to advance the film and cock the
shutter, so I know the camera body is functioning. I've tried wiggling the
winder a bit to see if the contacts are mis-aligned, but that doesn't seem
to help. Batteries seem to be OK. Any thoughts?

Is the motor drive for the R3-7 more reliable as well as faster than the
winder? The R3-7 winder has never appealed to me as a particularly well
designed or solid piece of equipment but it's a useful "fast thumb" and I
wish it worked.

- --Gib