Subject: [Leica] B&W film choice
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 06:42:42 -0800

didn't necessarily specify film/developer combination (except Mark). I'd be
interested in some comments on the best medium and high speed b&w film and
developer combinations. It would be an added bonus to get a description of
the strengths of the film/developer combination. I have not used black&white
for many years. I now have some work I must do in B&W and have found a local
lab I can use, but my old combination (Ilford FP4 in dilute D76 with Chrone
additive) I am sure has long since been superseded.  I would be grateful for
recommendations from the group.

Medium speed (100)

1. Ilford Delta 100?  With what?
2. T-Max 100? With what? (is there sufficient contrast?)

Medium to High Speed

1. Tri-X (Rodinol 1/50)
2. T-Max? With what?
3. Ilford Delta? With what?