Subject: Re: [Leica] digital photography - a BIG frustration
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:34:26 -0600

>I'm about to get my first scanner and I'm considering the Nikon Coolscan
>III and the LS2000. Most of my images to be scanned are black and white.

I'd go for the LS2000. It is going to give you better pictures. I don't
know about an Epson telling the difference, but the price of the LS2000 is
awfully good for what it does. But you have to decide if it's worth it for
web images. I suspect if that's your only use, then maybe saving money is a
good idea.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO