Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARPNESS
From: "Peter C. Palmieri" <palmieri@cybernex.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:18:22 -0500

The outstanding qualities of the M cameras and lenses to get great
photographs are well known, but can one expect to get the same quality
photos with the R cameras and lenses? I have an R4, which is now at Leica
for various adjustments, with three lenses all of which were bought when I
bought the R4. The reason I ask is because I am getting back to serious
photography now that I have the time, and am considering starting fresh with
a new camera outfit. I have a couple of late model autofocus Nikons (N90s's)
with assorted lenses too.

The picture I took with a borrowed M2 with 35mm Elmerit in 1966 of the Ponte
Vecchio in Florence that hangs in my home prompts my question. I have never
been able to get a picture with photo quality like that.

Peter in NJ